Pages

Friday 5 February 2016

Middle child syndrome

Just realised I've left the blog for more than half a year. So much has happened but no time to jot down. Baby R is turning one soon. He's grown so fast and is starting to become more interactive but this post is not about the baby, it's about my little girl L. Everyday seems to be a struggle with her - she just drives me up the wall. No matter how much I tell myself to be patient, I find myself yelling at her all the time.

***

Found the above draft post from a year ago which somehow I did not finish writing and post. Fast forward one year and thinking back, I do feel a tinge of regret for being so harsh on L on her behaviour. She was only trying to adjust to having a little baby around and was vying hard for attention since we did not have a nanny to help out and I was always with baby R. She is now such a darling to R, who will be turning 2 soon.

I sometimes do feel for L, being the middle child. My attention is mostly with H and baby R. H, because he is school going, so I need to help him with his homework and make sure he goes to bed on time. Baby R, because he is at this clingy phase and clings to be like a koala bear whenever I am around. So that leaves me no time for L. My poor little L, I hope she doesn't think that mommy loves her less than kor kor and di di :-(

Occasionally, L will say that she wants to be a baby or she likes being a baby; sometimes she will say that she wished she was a boy! Sigh... what should I do?




No comments:

Post a Comment