Pages

Thursday 27 September 2012

Oh my Terrible Two!

Being a mom is no easy job. It's amazing how 2 kids from the same parents with the same upbringing turn out to be so different. I have mastered the art of dealing with H but with my little princess L (or should I say little tiger), I'm still at a loss!

Is this the sign of the oh so notorious Terrible Two stage everyone's talking about? I remember having to go through a whiny tantrumy stage with H, but with L, it is a whole new ball game. She's only just turned 2, but her defiance and hard headedness started months before.

Scene 1: Trying to get her into the bath
Me: If you don't bathe you can't follow mommy out. Do you want to bathe?
L: NO!
Me: Then you can't go out. Do you want to go out or stay at home?
L: Stay at home!

Scene 2: Struggling to get her into her car seat in the sweltering afternoon
Me: L please get into your seat quick, it's hot out here
L: It's not hot it's cold
Me: If you don't get in mommy will leave you here <while struggling to put her in her car seat>
L: NO! The seat is hot
Me: Ok mommy will leave you here <carrying and putting her in front of the shop>
L: OK! <and off she went to play with some kids who were in front of the shop>

Scene 3: Trying to get her to stay in her car seat
L: Open open <pulling at the buckle>, i want to sit on mommy's lap
Me: No, mommy's driving and it's dangerous...
Granny who is way way more patient than I am: Dear you're special so you have a special seat...
L: I'm not special!
Granny: This is your princess throne. Are you a princess?
L: NO! I'm not a princess, I'm a TIGER!

So you see, threats won't work with my lil tiger L. In fact I have to remind myself not to use them with her anymore since they more often than not backfire on me. So how do you tame a lil tiger like L?

No comments:

Post a Comment