Pages

Monday 12 August 2013

toddler talk

My little toddler L is growing up too fast. She's turning 3 in a month's time, how time flies! I really miss those baby talk, now she's like a little lawyer in the making, always twisting and turning her words...

1. I'm not running, I'm skipping
L was running near the fish tank and daddy was afraid she'll bump into it and hurt herself...

Daddy: L, no running near the aquarium. Remember what daddy said!
L: I'm not running daddy, I'm just skipping!

2. When I say x, it means y
During breakfast one morning L said she wanted milo milk (i.e. milo + milk) so I made her milo milk. After more than 10 minutes, she still hasn't touched it...

Me: L, why aren't you drinking your milo milk
L: I don't want milo milk, I want fresh milk
Me: But you told mummy you wanted milo milk when I asked you
L: Mummy, when I say milo milk I mean fresh milk, fresh milk means milo milk

3. I like cold I don't like warm
Whenever L asks for fresh milk, aunty will warm it up for her cos she doesn't want her to take it cold from the fridge

Nanny: There you go L, your fresh milk
L: It's warm, I don't like warm I want cold!

And she'll refuse to drink it. So after many failed attempts, aunty gave her cold milk one morning

Nanny: Here you go, your fresh milk
L: It's cold
Nanny: You like it cold right?
L: No, I don't like it cold, I want it warm

4. It's not me it's baby
Whenever L does something wrong and we reprimand her for it, she'll blame it on her baby (her make believe baby in the form of her pillow)

Me: L, stop spinning the chair
L: It wasn't me it's baby!

Me: L, didn't mummy say not to bite your tit-tit (bottle teat) anymore? I'm not going to buy new ones you know?!
L: It wasn't me
Me: If it wasn't you then who can it be?
L: It was baby!

Me: L, why are you making such a mess (throwing kor-kor's monopoly money all over the floor)
L: It wasn't me, baby did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment