Pages

Monday 18 February 2013

chores for preschoolers

While we were shopping for H's school bag over the weekend, Daddy thought it'd be a good idea to start teaching H how to save by getting him a wallet. He of course choose an Angry Bird wallet to go with his trolley bag.

H was really excited about having a wallet. I think it makes him feel like a big boy. He asked for money to put in his wallet but Daddy said not to give him any, he has to earn it.

H: Mommy can I have some money for my wallet?
Me: Nope, you have to earn it.
H: Why?
Me: Well money don't grow on trees or fall from the sky. Mommy needs to go to work to earn money, so you need to work for your money too. I'll think of something you can help out then you'll get a dollar.

But what can a 4-year old do? It can't be something so routine (and something he's expected to do anyway like making his bed) else he'll want to be paid everytime he does it. And since I couldn't think of anything, he had no chore and no money for his wallet.

The next morning when we were going out, H wanted to bring his wallet. Daddy said no, wallet stays at home since there's no money inside.

H told Daddy: Mommy's gonna give me a job and I'll get a dollar!

Opps... I better think of a chore for him soon else his enthusiasm will soon run out.

No comments:

Post a Comment