Pages

Friday 13 September 2013

school's out... what now?

I've officially withdrawn H from school after the fire incident in school. Yes, his school caught fire over the weekend. Luckily it happened at night and no one was hurt. Since the building is yet to be certified to be fit for operation by the fire department, the school has decided to move everyone to the Cheras campus. There's no way we're going to Cheras - too much of a logistical nightmare for us. So H is officially off school now. I hope we can get a refund on school fees for the remaining semester!

Now what am I going to do with H? He's been asking me about school.

H: Is there school tomorrow?
Me: Nope
H: Why?
Me: There was a fire in school and they have to fix the school first
H: Did it burn my classroom?
Me: Nope, not your classroom
H: Then I can go to school?
Me: Nope...
H: Why?

Yesterday after I've officially withdrawn H from school, I told him he won't be going to school for the rest of the year until he starts his new school next year. You would have thought that he would be happy to not have to go to school, but I think he was somewhat disappointed. He's actually grown to like school. Hopefully he likes his next school and the new friends he'd make just as much, if not more. But for now, I have to think of other activities to occupy him...

No comments:

Post a Comment