Pages

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Silly rhymes

Last night, instead of the usual bedtime story routine, H wanted to play school. Playing school is good fun too, since he's not been to school for close to 3 weeks already. So the first lesson we had was English, and what better way to learn language than indulging in some silly rhymes.

H: Mummy you be the teacher, I'll be the student
Me: Ok, let's see. Today we'll learn about rhymes
H: Yay!!!

I really liked this game we made up. Not only do you learn to recognise words that rhyme, you also learn new vocab, learn how to spell and be creative in your writing. Best of all, it is a great bonding process as we couldn't stop laughing and giggling.

Here are some of the rhymes we wrote.  All you need is a magna doodle board to write on and lots of silliness...   (bold texts written by me, non-bold texts written by H)

Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wish I had a car
How I wish I become a potato
so that I can be friends with a tomato

Incy wincy spider
drank a cup of cider
He went up a mountain
and fell into a fountain

Humpty dumpty sat on the wall
Humpty dumpty fell onto a ball
... <can't remember what came after>

We did a couple more rhymes too but I just can't remember them (my memory is failing me). Should have taken a snapshot of all the rhymes we wrote. I'm sure L will have a good laugh too when read to her. It was a pity she was already asleep last night when we played the game.



No comments:

Post a Comment