Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2013

Kids Tennis


H has been attending tennis lessons for a while now. Initially we got him a coach for one-to-one lessons at our clubhouse. Although he seemed to enjoy his tennis lessons, we found it a little monotonous. For 1/2 hour each lesson, the coach just fed him balls to hit. Not much of coaching there I'd say, and the lessons weren't cheap.

Earlier this year, we (my sis and I) saw this Groupon deal for 8 tennis lessons by Gee Tennis Academy and jumped on it. So far, H and my niece C have been attending the lessons under coach Gee and they are having fun! The lessons are more interactive, and since it's a group lesson, the kids will also get to make new friends (hopefully).

I must say coach Gee is pretty good with kids. I mean, if H is happy to go for lessons it means the coach is doing something right cos he's not easy to please. The only qualm I have is the timing of the public group sessions. For H's age group, weekday sessions are at 6pm which won't work for us cos it's dinner time plus we'll be stuck in traffic trying to get home after the lesson, but location wise it's better (TTDI Community Complex).  Weekend sessions are held in Subang (3K Sports Complex) which is not an ideal location for us. The morning sessions at 9am can also be very very hot as the court is on the roof top - so the kids don't just get tired from the workout, but from the intense heat.

We'd really like for H to continue his lessons with coach Gee after our Groupon sessions end next month. I wonder if I can get enough kids to form a private group at our clubhouse. That way, we can pick a convenient time and also don't have to travel :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment