Pages

Monday 14 January 2013

Balik kampung

We went back to Johor over the weekend to visit the kids' grandparents. It's been a long overdue trip. We've been so busy towards the end of last year that we've been postponing our trip back . H adores going back as it means he can play with his cousins. Despite them only meeting a couple of times a year, there is this closeness about them, which begs us to think "How is it that H sticks to his cousins like bees to honey and not to any of his school friends despite them spending the whole year together, everyday?" It's true! H never once mentioned or asked about his teachers or friends from his preschool, ever since the day he left.

Now that H is older, he knows how to complain. On our journey there...
"Why is ah mah's house so far?"
"Why aren't we there yet?"
"I don't want to stay 1 night, I want to stay 2 nights."

On the way back, it was L's turn...
"I don't want to go this way, I want to turn around that way!" <so that we can head back to Johor>
"I don't want to go home I want to go to ah mah's house!"

So we promised the kids they can go again during the school holidays. "I want to stay for one week!" Sure, then daddy and mommy can go on a holiday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment