Pages

Thursday 31 January 2013

i dun wanna go to school

My little girl has always loved school. She's never resisted going to school from the very first day. But after the long extended weekend, she's been resisting school three mornings in a row this week. When Po-Po came to pick her up on Tuesday & Wednesday, she cried and insisted she wanted to stay at home and watch TV. Has the Nanny been indulging her whilst we were away? Why is L suddenly such a TV addict?

This morning Hubs sent H to school, so I stayed home till Po-Po came over to take L to school. Maybe cos I was home, L didn't ask to watch TV, instead she said she wanted me to read her Clifford the Dog. We read 2 books, one of which was about Emily Elizabeth camping in the yard. Me and my great idea, I asked if she wanted me to 'build' her a tent. L was excited. We went to the bedroom to grab a blanket, and draped it over the dining chair and sofa. Ta-dah... her very own tent. When Po-Po came over, L didn't want to get out of her tent and whined, "I don't want to go to chinese class! I want to stay at home!"

Finally I had to bribe her with chocolates. Still she was reluctant to get into the car but we made her go anyway. Now I'm beginning to wonder - should I just allow her to stay home and play? She's only 2.5 years old, if she doesn't want to go to school she shouldn't have to. I have no issue with L just playing at home. At her age, she should be playing. My only issue is that since I'm not home to monitor her activities, I'd rather her play in school. At least I can be sure that she's engaged in constructive play and not put in front of the TV all day. You can never be sure that your instructions are duly followed since L can be quite a tyrant. She will scream and yell until she gets what she wants, and the Nanny normally gives in quite easily to her whims.

No comments:

Post a Comment