Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2012

English names

Let's give the kids English names!

This is not the first time hubs brought this up. Each time he mentions this, I'll give him my unconvinced look. What's wrong with using their chinese names? Hub's argument is that it is easier for people to remember cos chinese names can be hard to pronounce, especially when you are in the working world. Well they won't be joining the working world anytime soon.

I'm not really against my kids having english names, but I just don't see the point. I told hubs it's up to him but the kids will probably not respond well to their new names.

Me: Daddy wants to call you Oliver, ok?
H: I don't want

Me: Can daddy call you Gillian?
L: No! I'm mei mei (妹妹)

So you see, new English names won't work, but I'll still leave it to hubs to decide. As far as I'm concern, I'll still be calling them by their chinese names... hehehe :p

No comments:

Post a Comment