Pages

Tuesday 16 October 2012

kids say the darnest things

My kids never cease to make me laugh with some of the things they say. They're just so cute and sometimes I wonder where they learn how to say some of those things they say.

Nanny trying to wake L up on a rainy morning, and L refusing to wake up
L: The bird is not singing yet
Nanny: It's raining so the bird won't come out
L: The dog is not barking yet

L playing with my access cards in the car on the way to po-po's house
L: Where's the other card <she dropped it behind her>
Me: Oh don't lose mommy's cards <while feeling around her seat>. There it is, please hold it properly
L: What's the card doing in mei mei's pi gu (buttocks)? Silly card...

I have this problem with H as the weekly library book he gets from school keeps going missing. I swear the book goes into his bag every monday morning, but somehow it's always not in the dedicated box for book returns
Me: Do you know where you have to return the library book?
H: In the communication box. The communication book and library book go into the box
Me: Ok, you have to remember to put both books into the box then. <Gesturing with my hands> In goes the communication book and then in goes the library book
H: It's not my fault if kakak doesn't put the book in my bag
That's not true cos I know kakak always puts his book in his bag. Reminder to self: must teach him about taking responsibility

To make H go to bed early, I came up with a rule for bedtime stories
Me: This is mommy's new rule. If you get ready by 8pm, you get 3 books; 8:30pm 2 books; 9pm 1 book; 9:30pm no book
H: Daddy won't get any books cos he always comes back so late

H is always reluctant to participate in class so sometimes I have to tell him that mommy's paid and it's expensive so he has to participate. On the way to school one day...
H: Did you pay for my school?
Me: Yes, so that you can learn.
H: Do adults have to go to school?
Me: No, only little children go to school, adults go to work
H: Do you have to pay to go to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment