Pages

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Terrible Two to Terrific Two

I'm not sure what got into my little girl but she was such a little angel yesterday.

Last night when we were leaving Po-Po's house, I told H to pick up his dominoes. He refused and told Po-Po to pick them up instead. He was at the door and demanded to go home (now!) so that he can have his milk. Little L said "I will help" and so she did. She helped Po-Po put the dominoes back into the box, and we all praised her for being helpful.

On the way back in the car, I told H that he's not to bite the teat of his milk bottle. He's now left with only one bottle with teat, so he can only have one bottle of milk before bed (H has a tendency to ask for 2 sometimes 3 bottles of milk before he finally falls asleep). Little L said "I can share my bottle with kor-kor." How generous of little L to want to share her bottles. So I praised her for being nice and generous to her big brother.

After reading them a book, I told H & L it was time for bed. H, as usual, gave me a whole bunch of excuses for not wanting to go to bed. L is normally the same but last night, she obediently followed me to her room and allowed the nanny to get her ready for bed (again this is unusual as she normally insists that I get her ready instead). No fuss at all!

Is my Terrible Two turning into a Terrific Two?!!  Hmmm... maybe a little praise does go a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment