Pages

Thursday 11 October 2012

Hang-man

H loves games, especially word-related games. Ever since he was first introduced to Word World when he was around 3, he's been fascinated with word building. The programme is amazing. If you've not watched it, please do. It's shown on Disney Junior (Astro Channel 613) every weeknight at 8:30pm.

So last night, instead of a bedtime story, H wanted to play hangman. You know the traditional word guessing game we used to play when we were kids? Of course, as with all games, H came up with his own rules. You are given 1,000 points to start off with and you can use these points to purchase hints. This was how the game went...

1. First word for mommy
After 2 wrong letters, H asked if I wanted a clue. I said why not. "An animal that goes quack quack"
  "I know, DUCK!"
 


2. Seond word for mommy
I was lucky I got the first 2 letters right, so immediately the word BALLOON became apparent :-)
 The rule was that you have to draw out the word once your opponent's guessed it right.

3. Third word for mommy
I must admit I wasn't very good at this. Although I got the letter 'H' correct right at the start, I just couldn't figure out what the word was.

 See all the tries I made...
 
"Can mommy have a clue?"
"No, you have no more points". Apparently it costs 1,000 points per clue so I've ran out of points. After some cajolling, H gave me the clue for free "If you don't want chong-chong (虫) to get into your feet you have to wear this"
 
Of course, why didn't I think of that. The word was SHOE! Silly mommy... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment