Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Watch what you say

I have to watch what I say to the kids cos they have the tendency to use the same exact words back at me. Sometimes I don't know whether to be angry or to laugh...

Bedtime
H: Mummy I want milk
I went downstairs and came back up with H's bottle of milk
H: <Taking the bottle from me> I want my jum-jum (bolster)
Me: Why din you say so when i went down to make your milk dear. Go get it yourself, mummy's legs will be tired going up and down

While packing L's bag getting ready to go out
Me: Dear can you please help mummy get mei mei's diapers from her room?
H: OK <And off he went - up to L's room and down with L's diaper>
Me: Thanks. Oh only 1? I need 2. Can you please get another one?
H: <Gave me the grumpy look> But my legs will be tired going up and down
 ------------
Eating durian
Me: Dear do you want some? Come here, mummy will give you some
For a good whole 10 minutes I was asking him the same question while he was running around and simply ignoring me. After I've finished and washed my hands...
H: Mummy I want some
Me: Sorry dear, I've washed my hands already. I don't want to dirty them again

Cleaning up after playing with his play-doh
Me: H, you're not done cleaning up, why are there still pieces on the floor? Come pick them up
H: You pick it up. I've washed my hands already I don't want to dirty them again

No comments:

Post a Comment