Pages

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Kids and hotels

My company will be having our annual away day to Langkawi in November. I asked H if he wanted to go. His first response was are we staying in a hotel?

For kids, holiday = hotel or rather hotel = holiday. No point spending big bucks planning grand holidays for toddlers / preschoolers. So long as they're away from home and there's a pool, they're having a holiday. What's the fascination with hotels anyway? We still haven't figured out... perhaps it's the king size bed they get to jump up & down on without mommy and daddy yelling at them, or the many switches they can play with like turning on and off the lights, the long bath they get to bathe in with loads and loads of bubbles... what?

Amazing thing about H is that he has an amazing memory - not about the holiday destination (I don't think he cares much about where he went as I mentioned above), but he remembers every detail of the hotels we stayed in, including the room numbers. He just loves staying in hotels.

So back to the Langkawi trip. I told H he has to be friendly and talk to mommy's friends cos we're going with mommy's friends from work. He said he doesn't want to. Then I told him if he doesn't want to then he doesn't have to go. So he said ok he will. So we shall see...(yah i know I've resorted to using threat, I must remind myself not to do so the next time)



No comments:

Post a Comment